Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Past & Present

Trying to organize all the pictures from the current holiday season, made me look back at previous years. At this time of year, it always hits me (even more than usual) just how fast time flies and the kids grow up. It's a time to reflect and realize the importance of cherishing every minute. While I don't make new year's resolutions, I do like to reflect on things and see how and what I can improve.

I know, in no time at all, it will be this time of year AGAIN and we will all be another year older.
2000: Rylee's Christmas pose in Grammy's little sleigh
(there is a Santa pic somewhere in the archives)

2001: Christmas portrait attempt 1
(Rylee is totally frightened by the photographer man with long hair)

2001: Christmas portrait attempt 2 - too many props

2002: Christmas portrait (Brennan's 1st Christmas)

2003: Naughty & Nice Christmas card photo shoot
(Brennan is really just not happy about his outfit and No Rylee's hair is not dyed on the ends - many people asked that question after they received our card)

2004: Christmas card photo shoot with Peityn

2004: Santa & family photo shoot

2004: Christmas Card Photo Shoot

2005: Getting ready for our Christmas portrait

2005: Santa at the mall
2005: Rylee & Brennan Visit with Santa

2005: Family visit with Santa (before Tanner)

2006: Christmas Eve at Grammy & Poppy's - Tanner's 1st Christmas

2006: Tanner's 1st visit with Santa

2007: Santa family picture

2008: Grandkid photo attempt 1
2008: Grandkid photo attempt 2
2008: Grandkid photo attempt 3 of 1,000,003

2008: Family pic one and only
(someone is not cooperating)
Coming soon.....this year's pictures and fun memory-making moments....if I can ever sort through all of it, all the while, pausing to think about the passing of time.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi Kimmie!!! I love your post!! What a great idea... When I was decorating for Christmas, I had pulled out all my Santa pics this year and scanned them in and made a picasa album... It is so fun to reflect on the changes through the years. Love y'all! Tam

Veronica said...

ok way tooo cute.... i love to see the timeline ... your lucky your hubby will take pics with you. xoxoxoxoxo

JKMN said...

Wow - I am way too lazy to go through and find all the past Christmas pics - especially since that means scanning at this point. I enjoyed seeing yours!